Contact Us

Level 4, 150 Albert Rd,SOUTH MELBOURNE VIC 3205

P: 03 9685 7533

M: 0466 110 365


Online Enquiry

Please call me back
* Required fields
Halcyon Legal
Contact us today to arrange a free, no-obligation 30 minute consultation.






How long will my property settlement take?

Every matter is different. If you and your former partner agree, sometimes it can take as little as a couple of months (including court processing time for Consent Orders). When couples find it difficult to agree, the matter can take much longer. Halcyon Legal approaches family law in a collaborative manner to attempt to avoid court proceedings for you, saving you time and money.



Do I need to see a lawyer for a property settlement if my former partner and I agree?

It's wise to formalise the agreement. Often, couples agree initially after separation, however this may change with time and new circumstances. Prior agreements may later be taken off the table and lawyers then need to become involved. We can help you to formalise something from the beginning, avoiding later issues. Further to this, obtaining Consent Orders allows you to avoid paying stamp duty in relation to a title transfer after a domestic separation.



When can I apply for divorce?

You need to be separated for 12 months prior to obtaining a divorce. Property settlements and parenting arrangements can be resolved immediately, however.






Do you offer payment plans?

We do. We know that legal fees are expensive, so we will try to work with you to come up with a payment plan you can manage. Of course this depends on the likely length of your matter, so some plans can be stretched longer than others.



Is there employment available with Halcyon Legal?

We are a brand new firm, growing every day. We envision that in the future we will be able to offer some exciting and unique career opportunities. When they arise, you'll see them here first!




Do you take Legal Aid matters?

No, we don't. However we appreciate that legal representation can be a significant expense for clients, and we will work with you to establish a payment plan that is manageable.

Contact Us